Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you, He will never leave nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
Looking thoroughly at this scripture show us some important thing to prepare our mind with.
1. Be strong and courageous mean what is coming our way is not something weak person can overcome, it takes a strong and courageous heart to overcome. Our God never promised us a smooth journey in life, but a journey that victory is sure that why someone said life is not going to be easier, but you are the one that need to be stronger.
It point to us that it is not God duty to make you strong and be courageous, it is our personal duty to do so. You have to develop yourself to be strong and courageous why because these two virtues is a major key to your success in life. For example David, it take a man of strong and courageous heart to say i will go and face Goliath. That day the army were wandering of the confidence of David not knowing In the wilderness of Shepherd the sheep, David had developed a strong and courageous heart. In the small, small challenges David encountered in the forest with his sheep happened to prepared him for the future not to stop him. Don’t see the challenges you are facing as agent to stop your progress but to develop your mind.
Note: It is not muscle built that make you strong and courageous person, it is mind built that make you. After all, the army of Israel has muscle and heft than David none is strong and courageous enough to come out and face Goliath but a short boy with no muscle built but mind built that show up to face Goliath. So it is not your size or height that matter, but your mind.
2. Don’t be afraid or terrified because of them.
This show us that the opposition would be more than your expectation. For the bible to says do not be afraid or terrified because of them, means it is not a challenge you would face and not something you can handle on your own. You need the consciousness that God is with you. Further reading show us this for the Lord your God goes with you, He will never leave nor forsake you. It was these consciousness that David used to overcome all the challenges, he faced.
Let look at the statement of David, 1 Samuel 17:26 And David spake to the men that stood by him, saying, What shall be done to the man that killeth this Philistine, and taketh away the reproach from Israel? for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God? It show us he knew God of Israel personally.
How then can I built my mind to be strong and courageous.
* Give your life to Jesus Christ is the start point to built your mind to be strong and courageous.
* Start to develop your relationship with God on a daily basic.
i. A personal time with God for fellowship. Have a devote time you meet with God everyday.
ii. Join a living Church where the truth word of God is preach. A Church is a school of God where you know more about God.
* Make use of the word of God in your daily life. The things you know and you are using become useless. Always apply the biblical principles on your daily activities.
* Pray for yourself constantly and consistently. Prayer is a major key to receive grace and win over any battle.
God bless you,
If this message bless you, we need to hear your feedback.
For prayer and counseling send your request to us firstname.lastname@example.org or call +2348067658996.